Monday, April 28, 2014

Helados...ice cream.. and soccer

Jack told me about his mission call to Argentina!!! You can't even imagine how happy that all makes me. That's such a cool place to go. I've met a few Argentines here in Kansas and some of them talk real funny. They talk with kind of an Italian accent. And they don't say "tu" they say "vos". They always say, " me tienes podrido" o "me tienes voludo" I don't even know what that means. But they are fun to talk to. Why don't you talk that? did you used to? That's so cool. That we will be able to speak Spanish together!
 
Liberal really is the biggest place to be. It is not super different than Mexico down here. Almost all the people are Hispanic. The Mexican ice cream men even don't have cars. They push around these coolers on three wheels, with Mexican ice cream inside. We always stop to buy some too. Many are now our investigators. A lot of Mexicans, and a lot of Guatemalans, and a lot of semolina to surprisingly.



But the Somalians kind of scare me. Don't know why. Their culture is so much different. I cant even compare. But its cool because we need special permission from the president to teach a Muslim. 
 
 The bishop is honestly one of the greatest. Actually president told me he is the best in the mission. So the ward is super friendly and nice. The  Davis' are really cool. They feed us every week. Bro Davis looks a lot like...The other brother (bishop)Davis.
 
I would not mind staying here for a good portion of my mission. And I think I probably will. The bishop likes a minimum of 6 months and he is in close contact with President Bell.
 
But this week was cool. We really have seen some cool things in the area. We found a load of new investigators this week. Everyone is outside playing something it seems. There are just too many people to talk to.
 
This week  I got to really understand what it means to be anxiously engaged in the work. Now I really feel anxious about everything we do. I find myself constantly thinking about how we are going to reach our goals, and how we are going to better the ward and area. Next Monday will be 9 months! pretty quick. I will get back almost exactly a year into Jack's mission.





My companion is super cool. really good missionary. And everyone likes him because he is Chilango, even though he has been in the USA most of his life.
 
My Spanish is coming a lot good now too. Sometimes when I'm talking English I will say something in Spanish just because I can describe it in Spanish better than I can describe it in English.
Like "asi es" or "para cara uno",  meaning like each person. But I just don't know what to say in English.
 
On Saturday and Sunday it seems like everyone is outside barbecuing, and cooking carne asada. Today we are going to this sweet Mexican place called Gorditas 2 go! Best gorditas in town. And we mostly do all our grocery shopping at the Carneceria. I can hardly eat store tortillas any more. Fresh ones are so much better, and I think that pan dulce is better than donuts.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if I could get Ethan's address to send him a legit letter. I was looking for it and kinda gave up, but i would love to write him. I am a friend form EFY 2012 :) thanks so much!! i hope he is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete