Monday, April 28, 2014

Conference means BBQ--Kansas style

 
 
 
Conference was awesome! It always is! I loved a lot of the talks and I need to listen to them all again!
 
I really liked Bednar's talk, about having a load. He touched up on upon a few of the same things that he did when he spoke to us a few weeks ago. He spoke a little about objects and agents. I thought it was really good. I also really liked a few talks form the priesthood session. But I really can't remember all the talks. I took notes but forgot to bring them to the library. But there were a lot of good talks. I just need to look through them all again.
 
 So last Monday we found an investigator....from Yugoslavia! We knocked on his door, and he had an accent but did not look Hispanic, so we asked him where he was from and he said Yugoslavia, and when I told him my dad had lived there and spoke Serbo-Croation, he invited us in. He was disappointed to hear that Dad didn't live here in Liberal. He said he hasn't found anyone yet that speaks Serbo-Croation here in Kansas. He and his wife have lived in the U.S. for 15 years or something, so his English is pretty good. But we have a book of Mormon that we are going to take back to him tonight, so I need to know ASAP what towns dad served his mission in! So I can tell him. his name is Cole, and he's like 40 years old.  
 
So before the conference on Saturday night for the priesthood we had a big steak fry. Bishop has the biggest grill you've ever seen. He welded it out of a old mild processing machine. They throw like 30 steaks on at a time. They take their grilling/smoking serious out here in Western Kansas.
 
Last P day the whole zone came down and we played a huge soccer game. Soccer is huge here. It is what everyone does. The weather is super nice, an the trees just started to get green so every park in the evening is just packed full of everyone playing soccer. All the Guatemalans play together and play and speak Ciche. And there is a team of Puros Argentines here too. They have huge tournaments apparently during the summer. It sounds like a ton of fun!
 
 
 
 
This last week we had dinner with the Bishop  Davis'. son.  It was cool, he knows everyone in our ward and the area super well, and he graduated from my same high school! Crazy that he grew up around the corner from me.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment