Monday, March 17, 2014

Transferred to Liberal

So this week is transfers! There are a lot of changes.
 
SO remember that Elder McKellar was serving in Liberal Kansas for 5 transfers(71/2 months.) He trained 1 1/2 missionaries and was district leader, for the whole time I've been on my mission, minus the time I had in the MTC. So he has been there for a while. Well Training lasts for two transfers, and Elder McKellar began training Elder Malo, from California, last transfer. And they sent him out of Liberal....And sent me to take his place!!!!
Liberal is right down there on the Oklahoma border. Yee Haw.
 
 So I will finish the second half of the training of Elder McKellar's "son", and will be serving as District leader in Liberal Kansas. I'm super excited! Liberal is easily known as having the most Spanish speaking people in the whole mission. It is just full of Latinos apparently!!! And my companion is Native Mexican. Gomez served there a while ago as well. He says that they play a ton of soccer. And I am going there right at the beginning of spring! Liberal is known for being the place where wizard of OZ is from. Like they have a museum and everything. Its just a couple miles from the Oklahoma border. It was a part of the Colorado Springs mission, before the mission split, where as the whole east of the mission where I am now was a part of the Independence Missouri Mission. So I get to go back out west where I began my mission. Looking forward to more paupusa
The man in the back is confused and wants Packard to eat it with chopsticks
 
 Pisole
Papusa!
 and Menudo. And tons of soccer.
 
 
 
And Elder McKellar is going to Newton, to be companions with Elder Gomez. Haha its all really cool.
 
But this week went really well. After District meeting we went out to eat at a little dirty Mexican taco stand. Some real Mexican food. And me and Elder Gomez got these gorditas. And The hot sauce the gave us was super hot! And Me and elder Gomez were already dying after eating the gorditas, but then we decided to go all out. so were took turns taking spoons full of the hot sauce. We both took five, and were dying! My whole face and arms were tingling, and numb, like after you hit your funny bone. And  we both were sweating a ton, and had runny noses. It was pretty crazy. The ladies in the restaurant were freaking out. But it was fun.
 
We went to the Gym a ton this week. Sad I have to leave the free membership behind. It was a good deal, and  was getting big.
 
 But on Thursday at the gym, I smashed my finger in the weights and my whole nail fell black and fell off. It hurt a lot.
 
But this week we got some more Spanish coming to church. Sister Reina brought her Friend who will definitely be baptized in the next little while.
 
 
 
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment