Thursday, December 26, 2013

Transferred. And transferred again.

 Hi everyone!
So,  transfers are this week, a week early because otherwise they would be on Christmas day, but president said that no body was really getting transferred because its just right before Christmas. However, everyone in the Garden City zone got switched up. I'm being put in Arkansas City, in the Derby Zone, with Elder Garnett. I leave Wednesday. Haha If I knew anything more about my companion or area I would tell you, but I really don't know much. they are nothing more that names. I need to find a map to find out where Arkansas City is. It may be an English area. But

from what I've heard all Spanish speakers take their turn in an English area for two transfers, because there are not enough Spanish areas to go around. So I will just have to stick it out for a couple of months teaching the gueros this. But my companion is a Spanish speaking missionary, so who knows, it may be a both an English and Spanish area, and since we both speak, I don't think there will be any problem if we teach the Spanish people.
Its too bad me and Elder Gomez have had a lot of fun together, and I will be sad to leave my first area, but I'm really excited to get to know another.  

*******************************1 week  later**********************************
So this week was pretty crazy. I got on a bus on Wednesday and went to Wichita, 4 hour bus ride. Not kidding eastern Kansas is a whole different world. So Arkansas City is exactly one mile from the Oklahoma Border south of Wichita  It is really humid, and it is a really hilly. It is a ton prettier than west Kansas. There are a lot more trees, and natural streams everywhere. And a lot of hills. The town here is super cool too, almost all the building are clear back to the 1800s, and all the roads are red brick. It makes the place look really cool. I feel like im on the east coast. A lot of the houses look like old colonial houses, and old Victorian style houses that are really old.
My Companion Elder Garnett is awesome  He is from South Carolina. We have only been together for a week, but already feel like we are best friends. We get a long super well. On Friday, we got some freezing rain, and then after that sleet, and then it snowed all Saturday  So outside is about an inch of ice, and then two inches of snow on top. Everything has super big icicles on it. It looks really cool.


This map makes it look like Newton is the big city and Witchita is tiny. Au contraire...



So we went into an appointment with a part member family, and had a super awesome lesson, and had the cousin who wasn't a member commit to baptism the 11 of January, and Elder Neeley the AP called and told me that i was going to be transferred again. Me and Elder Garnett were pretty mad, because we get along super well, and I already like the area a ton. But there was some drama going on the mission  and president called us, and so Elder Garnett is getting a "special assignment" meaning he is being put with a companion who is going through a tough time and needs support. And he is staying here in Arkansas City, and I'm getting a transferred to Hutchinson with a "special assignment" as well. So they are opening a new Spanish branch out in Newton Kansas, (Hutchinson is part of that area), and so me and Elder Banderes, are going to be there opening the Spanish branch. All they need is two, tithe-paying, Melchizedek priesthood holders. And so that's what we are going to be doing down there. Good news is that they are not going to move me until Thursday so i will still get to Skype you and everything. We are going to pick up Elder Garnets new companion today in Wichita  and we will be in a threesome until Thursday, and then i will go to hutch. 

Its kinda sad that im getting transferred again, i really don't want to move again, but its all good. I look forward to being able to be there for the opening of the Spanish branch, and it sounds like everything is just exploding there so hopefully we will see success. I don't know where Hutch is, but I think its part of Wichita.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates. Looks like a lot on moving around, but opening a branch doesn't happen every day - especially in the US. I remember our small Branch in Alturas that Dad/Grandpa was the President of.

    ReplyDelete