Monday, July 14, 2014

Beehiving and Dumpster Diving


Elder B. Keeper


This week was pretty good! I was on exchanges with my good friend Elder Garnett in Liberal for a day on Thursday. Cool to see some old people








What they do in the Midwest on Saturday afternoons




 

I found that I really like Mexican food much more that I do like any other food now. When i came on my mission I didn't really like the Mexican candies, but now I love them. The pulparindo candies with the chile powder on top.  I really don't like watermelon without polvo de chile on top. And all the lollypops have chile powder in them too. And my most favorite snack in the world is pepinos and limon. It just like cold cucumbers cut really thin , and then lime juice squeezed all over the top, and a little bit of salt. they are super good.
 
Yesterday after church we had a little potluck after church. And all the Mexican seesters cooked good food, arroz con leche, gorditas, enchiladas, and chicharrones. We had a lot of people at church, 20 more than normal so that was sweet.
 
Trailer park fun

But we had some cool miracles this week. We put up flyers all over the town in every Mexican store, for our English class. And we get several calls a day about the class, it has been really successful.

The Panhandle is super cool! Really hilly. Not at all like all my other areas.
Wow, that is hilly!
 
 Its pretty windy and hot right now. The people here are pretty much the same. Super good people. I think I realized how different the people are here when we were helping out with some service this week, we were helping with the grand opening of the fire station and the service opened with a prayer. I don't think that happens in Arizona? But it is really wierd to find someone that doesn't believe in God here. And its crazy how many churches are here. Not kidding on main street within half a mile there are 6 different churches, right next to each other Methodist, catholic, Lutheran, Nazarene, and a couple other Christian denominations.. You don't stand anywhere without seeing a church.
The view from our apartment on Highway 3
 
But we did some cool stuff this week. Like I said we helped out with the Fire station grand opening, that was pretty cool. The Fire chief here isn't a member, but he is like the best friend with the missionaries. He is always inviting us over for food and stuff.
 
 We are in tornado season, we get some huuuuge storms.
 
Tornado weather
We also got a check from "the community" for 100$ to fix our bikes (since they were robbed and then returned to us paitntd up and missing cranks)  That's the one thing about Guymon, everyone respects the missionaries a ton here. Some one gave us 20$ gift cards to Sonic the other day, just because. And whenever we go places seems like everyone is waving or honking at us, and we have no idea who they are. There are a lot of good people here.

Eveything is awosme. I really do love it out here. Its crazy my year mark has already come. On Friday Elder Garnett gave his dying testimony to the zone, he goes home in a couple of weeks. I realized how short this all really is. Too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment