Wednesday, September 3, 2014

One year with Budge and a broken bike

Un ano juntos!
The past two weeks has been awesome. We are having another baptism here in Guymon on Saturday for this Mexican guy named Jesus Luna. He was super prepared. We were supposed to have it last Saturday but he couldn’t make it to church.

Things are awesome here in Guymon, 3 weeks ago Elder Garnett went home, which left his companion Elder Budge without a companion for two weeks before transfers, so elder budge was our solo zone leader, and he just traveled the zone from companionship to companionship for like two weeks. We got him for 3 days! Finally got to be companions with him, he is easily one of my very best friends in the mission.



Observe the sweet pictures

So usually we go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning but one fo the days with elder Budge we didn't feel like it and just woke up at the normal time (6:30) and went and kicked the soccer ball in our apartments outside. Well we live in the "African" apartments because there are so many Sudanese people that live here, and apparently the bus stop is right across the street from the little basketball court where we were kicking the soccer ball. 




So at about 7:00 we already had about a 10 on 10 game going with a ton of African elementary scholars that hardly speak any English! I thought it was crazy that you could find something like that here in Oklahoma. But now all the kids in all the apartments know us, and we have gone back a couple of times to play soccer with them. Labor Day was fun, we played a tone of soccer with the Guymon high school team, pretty much gotten to know them all and so when we play we just send out a text to a whole ton of people, and they all show up at 8 in the morning it is super sweet.



I crashed my bike for the first time, it wasn't bad at all, but I dented the rim of my back tire real good. But the bike still works great. 
Elder Acosta thinking....



Did I tell you that I got a letter in the mail here from the government law place and they said they would repair any damages to the stolen bike? The lady doing our case is awesome, and called us into her office when we were with Elder Budge, and after I told her about all what they had done to the bike, she said it would be was easier to get a new one, so she is going to recompense $, that will come in payments apparently as the people who stole it pay up. She is going to send the checks to y’all in Phoenix. The people in Guymon are so nice. We are just a stone’s throw away from Texas. And where grandma Jackie is living right now, in Raton New México is about a 3 hour drive. A lot of people know exactly where it is.




 So, tomorrow is transfers, and I’ve been sent back to Liberal, Kansas. I’m super sad to leave Guymon, I really loved the missionaries and people down here. But I’ve been called to be the Zone Leader of the Liberal Zone, so I will get to be back down here on exchanges..My companion is Elder Clark. It will be cool to go back to Liberal though. Get to see everyone again. It will be the same ward, just now it a different companionship, so different apartment.



I've spent all of my mission except just two transfers in Hutchinson here in the Garden City Stake. I don't know if that is weird or not to serve all the time in one stake, but I love it. It is awesome!! I've spent almost all my mission our here in western Kansas, it is like the spot of the mission everyone wants to be in because there are so many Hispanics.

The time has gone so quick, im now 14 months in, which means I only have 7 transfers left.




No comments:

Post a Comment